The many sights, sounds, and flavors of Cambodia have inspired this journey starting in the bustling capital Phnom Penh to relaxing beaches and amazing seafood of Koh Rong ending with peaceful moments in Siem Reap. We include everything this beautiful country has to offer. Not only visiting it’s fantastic sights and attractions, but also enjoy every single moment at the pristine beach for a perfect tropical getaway, with facilities for swimming, snorkeling or scuba diving.
Home of the mystical Angkor Wat (one of the wonders of the world), Cambodia is a romantic and honeymoon destination full of history and beauty.
Be sure to taste some local dishes as the food is something not to be missed. Good food combined with friendly and helpful locals makes for a pleasant holiday for everyone.
Couples on a romantic holiday will enjoy the adventure of visiting such an exotic location. Your holiday in Cambodia will not be quickly forgotten; with beaches, jungles, charming villages. To bustling cities and stunning temples, and its rich culture, couples will delight in discovering Cambodia
Immerse yourself in popular locations like Siem Reap and Phnom Penh. Here history and the culture is so thick you can almost grab it with your hands. Cambodia is a great choice as the sole destination of a loved-up short break or a romantic getaway.
At a glance
|Day 1||Phnom Penh – Arrival and transfer to hotel|
|Day 2||Phnom Penh City Tour|
|Day 3||Transfer from Phnom Penh to Koh Kong|
|Day 4||Koh Kong – Day at Leisure|
|Day 5||After breakfast travel to Koh Rong|
|Day 6||Free time in Koh Rong|
|Day 7||Free time in Koh Rong|
|Day 8||Speedboat to mainland & fly to Siem Riep|
|Day 9||Visit the Angkor Temple|
|Day 10||Visit the Remote Temple|
|Day 11||Siem Reap – Departure|
> Afternoon cruise in Phnom Penh with privately catered dinner
> See ancient art pieces dating back to the 4th Century
> Spend two nights at the Ecolodge, away from all tourist trails
> Romantic beach stay on the Island of Koh Rong
> Tour the Angkor Wat architectural masterpiece
> Private blessing ceremony performed by a resident Monk in Wat Damnak
> Picnic lunch in the village of Kampong Khleang
- Best time to travel to Cambodia
Tourist season runs from November to March, but Cambodia is warm throughout the year and temperatures do not go below 20C. If you prefer lesser crowds, opt to travel between May to early October
- Cambodia Culture and Greetings
Cambodians are a mixture of Hinduism and Buddhism. The country’s golden age between the 9th and 14th Century is better known as the Khmer Empire era. During this time Cambodia achieved unparalleled achievements in the arts and architecture and Angkor Wat is your perfect example
When you greet someone, press your hands together in front of your chest.
- Drinks & Food
The basic of any Cambodian meal is rice, served either sticky or jasmine rice grown in the many paddy fields.
Noodle soup is very common, and you will find that French food is still readily available. Don’t be surprised to find a coffee and “baguette sandwich” snack option. Roadside street food stalls are fun to try but rather sticks to the busy stalls serving piping hot foods
- Discover your environment
Taxi hire is available in all major cities. They are not metered so fix the rate in advance. Tips will be appreciated by the driver. Not to be missed is a ride in a tuk-tuk.
Locals rarely tip, however, tourist like to add 10% which is appropriate especially in restaurants where no service charge is added to the bill
Phnom Penh – Arrival (D)
- Upon arrival at Phnom Penh International Airport you will be met by our representative who will assist you through immigration. Transfer to the hotel; and check-in
- Later in the afternoon; we enjoy a leisurely cruise with a private dinner catered by our well-known chef; the meal today is a grill and BBQ along with a free flow of drinks (local beers; soft drinks; and soda; champagne)
- Enjoy your meal while watching the sunset and taking in the sights along the river bank including many local Cambodian families and friends socializing.
- You will earn a rare; but great opportunity to see the floating villages and fishermens activities.
- Cruise back to the port and transfer back to your hotel.
- Overnight at your hotel in Phnom Penh.
Phnom Penh City Tour (B)
- Breakfast at your hotel.
- After breakfast we visit the Royal Palace; the private quarters of the Royal Palace are now home to the royal family and are therefore closed to the public.
- At the northern end of the palace grounds is the Silver Pagoda; the most sacred temple in the country.
- We then have a sightseeing tour of Phnom Penh begining with a visit to the National Museum; which is dedicated exclusively to Khmer art and sculpture.
- The majority of the exhibits are from the Angkor period from 9th to 15th century; but some date from as early as the 4th century.
- We continue to one of the city’s lively open markets; Psar Toul Tom Pong; all called the Russian Market where anything and everything is for sale!
- Overnight at your hotel in Phnom Penh.
Phnom Penh – Koh Kong (B)
- After breakfast; meet with your diver (no guide) for your transfer to Koh Kong which is about a 4-hour drive.
- On arrival check-in at the 4 Rivers Eco-lodge.
- The rest of the day is yours to enjoy at your leisure.
- Away from the tourist trail to ancient civilizations; there is another country, a land of unspoiled virgin forest; rare orchids and fragrant frangipani; the startling colors and calls of birds of paradise; secretive jungle creatures and a perfumed air of peace and solitude. This ecological miracle deserves an environmentally friendly resort that captures the imagination while offering the luxury and high-end facilities of a four-star boutique resort. Peaceful seclusion; privacy; luxury; exclusivity.
- Overnight at your hotel in Koh Hong.
- Meet and assist on arrival and departure by our local representative
- Transfer and intercity transportation as per itinerary in AC vehicle
- Domestic Airfares (subject to conditions)
- Accommodation in double/twin room at selected hotels
- Meals: as mentioned
- Local English speaking Guide
- Entrance fees
- International flights – Departure & Fuel taxes (Contact us for best airfares)
- Personal expenses, meals and drinks unless otherwise specified
- Travel insurance
- Cambodia Visa fee
- Services not stated in the itinerary
- Rate valid for travel between 01 MAY and 30 SEP 2018
- Seasonal supplements may be applicable