A-14 Day explorer tour of two magnificent countries in Southeast Asia, Vietnam, and Cambodia. Start in Hanoi with its beautiful boulevards. Then head to the World Heritage Site of Halong Bay and the ancient capital of Hue. Whilst in Hoi An you have time to relax on the beach. Thereafter continue to Saigon and the Mekong Delta and experience its day-by-day life. No doubt, the climax of the tour is Siem Reap (Cambodia); best known for the Angkor Wat Temple. And in between, spend a day with a local family for a homemade lunch.
At a glance
|Day 1||Arrive in Hanoi and transfer to your hotel|
|Day 2||Hanoi city tour|
|Day 3||Travel through the Red River Delta to Halong Bay|
|Day 4||Cruise the bay and onward to Hue by flight|
|Day 5||Hue City Tour|
|Day 6||Set out on our spectacular drive to Hoi An.|
|Day 7||Exploring Hoi An – Tra Que & Cooking Class|
|Day 8||Hoi An – Danang and flight to Saigon|
|Day 9||Saigon City Tour and Cu Chi Tunnels|
|Day 10||Explore the Mekong River.|
|Day 11||Flight to Siem Reap & Floating Village tour|
|Day 12||Visit the Angkor Highlighted Temples|
|Day 13||Visit the Khmer ruins one of the most impressive|
|Day 14||Last day in Cambodia. Depart Siem Riep|
- A fun ride through Hanoi on a Xich Lo ( tricycle)
- Visit the infamous Hanoi Hilton Prison and watch a traditional water puppet show
- Be mesmerized by the starlit night sky in Halong Bay
- Stop at a Buddhist Centre in Hue
- Step into a tailor shop in Hoi An and have a suit/dress made for you
- See the old and new sites in Ho Chi Minh City (Saigon)
- Glide along small canals of the Mekong Delta and savor a tantalizing Seafood lunch
- Best part of the tour is when arriving in Siem Reap; exploring the famous Angkor Wat temples
Explore the best part of Cambodia and its famous Angkor Wat. The World Heritage Sites of Vietnam: Ha Long Bay; Hoi An’s Ancient Town and the Red River & Mekong Delta …and so much more.
See Vietnam in one fascinating trip: Hanoi and Ho Chi Minh and the monolithic islands of Halong Bay.
Enjoy insider moments like… rolling up your sleeves. Join local farmers in the vegetable fields surrounding Tra Que village. Meet a family at Ngoc Son Garden House, as they share its royal history over homemade delicacies.
After all, combining the highlights of both countries, will open your eyes to the delights of Indochina and leave you awe-struck by these magical locations.
Ha Long – Hanoi – Hue by Flight (B/Brunch)
- This morning we take a small bamboo boat to visit Luon; a beautiful tunnel cave set within a lagoon.
- We re-board our boat and continue cruising the bay; through the old part of Ha Long City; known as the fishing town and the newly built harbor bridge; whilst we enjoy our seafood brunch before heading back to the pier for our return to Hanoi.
- Return to Hanoi; with time to relax or grab a last minute bargain before our late afternoon flight to Hue. Arrival Hue; you will transfer to hotel for check-in.
- Overnight at your hotel in Hue.
Hue City Tour (B)
- We commence our exploration and head to one of the most serene and tranquil tombs in Hue; Minh Mang’s Tomb. Set back from the river bank and hidden within the luscious forest area; surrounded by a beautiful lake; this tomb has a peaceful ambiance like no other.
- A 20-minute drive takes us to the beautiful construction of Khai Dinh’s Tomb; where we see the intricate workmanship of the mosaic architecture within and gaze at the panoramic views of the surrounding mountains.
- En route we make a stop at a small workshop to see the interesting process of making traditional Hue Conical hats and incense sticks.
- We return to town and visit Hues oldest 19th Century Pagoda; ‘Thien Mu’ (Heavenly Lady) Pagoda; which is famous for it’s Buddhist Centre teachings.
- Boarding our dragon boat from the base of the Pagoda; we cruise down the Perfume River; watching local fisherman; whilst passing through the banks of Hue’s town.
- After disembarking our boat we enjoy a delicious lunch (pay yourself) at a nearby Garden Restaurant
- After lunch we visit the Citadel (Forbidden Purple City); located in Hues town. The Citadel is the former living place of the Royal family during the Nguyen dynasty; from the 19th century to mid 20th century.
- Here you will discover the history of Vietnam during this period of time; as well as the daily life of the Royal family and the typical architecture of this Imperial construction.
- Overnight at your hotel in Hue.
Hue Hoi An (B)
- After a relaxing morning we set out on our spectacular drive to Hoi An.
- We pass through Lang Co fishing village; set within beautiful blue lagoons; before heading up and over the spectacular Hai Van Pass; where we stop at the highest point to immerse ourselves and gaze at the spectacular scenery at 980 meters above sea level.
- 20 minutes from the base of the pass we arrive in Da Nang where we visit Cham Museum; built-in 1915; which contains intricate ancient Champa sculptures.
- Continue driving to the stunning Marble Mountains; where we climb the marble stairs to reach the peak of the largest mountains of the 5 elements; Thuy Son or more commonly known as ‘Water Mountain’.
- We admire the panoramic view of the surrounding mountains; countryside and China Beach and continue on to ‘Huyen Khong’; an underground cave; which was a former hospital through the War.
- After stopping for lunch at China Beach; you will have time to take a refreshing dip in the ocean before heading to Hoi An.
- In Hoi An, stroll through the quaint streets of Hoi An; visiting an Ancient Chinese Temple; The Chinese Assembly Hall and the Japanese covered bridge.
- The remainder of the afternoon is free for you to enjoy the peaceful ambiance of this quaint ancient town or spend some time with the skillful tailors; treating yourself to tailor-made clothes; which Hoi An is renowned for.
- Overnight at your hotel in Hoi An.
- Meet and assist on arrival and departure by our local representative
- Transfer and intercity transportation as per itinerary in AC vehicle
- Domestic Airfares (subject to conditions)
- 13 Nights’ Accommodation (3*- 4*-5*) in a double room sharing
- Meals: as mentioned
- Local English Guide
- Entrance fees
- International flights – Departure & Fuel taxes (Contact us for best airfares)
- Personal expenses, meals and drinks unless otherwise specified
- Travel insurance
- Vietnam - Cambodia Visa fee
- Services not stated in the itinerary
- Rate valid for travel between 01 MAY and 30 SEP 2018
- Seasonal supplements may be applicable